Recruitment is not an easy task, especially when it comes to high-level positions. How to hire Golang developers and find the perfect fit?
The Ultimate Guide: How to Hire Node JS Developers for Your Project
What do giants like Uber, Netflix, Trello, PayPal, and Twitter have in common? If you haven’t guessed yet, it is the fact that they all use Node JS as their development framework. A survey by Stack Overflow has shown that Node JS is the most popular web technology utilized by professional developers and individuals learning to write, with a 46.21% stake. On GitHub, Node JS earns itself 101K stars and 28.1K Forks - an awe-inspiring number.
It is clear that Node JS is a preferred technology for the backend development of web apps and also mobile apps. If you are looking to build web applications, it is time to build your dedicated team of Node JS developers. However, finding the right developer candidate is already challenging, and it is even more challenging when you need to recruit talent with specific skill sets.
Don’t worry; we’ve covered all you need to know to hire the best Node JS development team for your company.
What Do Node JS Developers Do?
- Deploying various network applications
- Developing server-side components
- Monitoring the core database
- Designing the user interface
- Collaborating with front-end developers for seamless integration
- Diagnosing and executing necessary repairs or updates
Overall, Node.js developers are expert software engineers who leverage the capabilities of the Node.js platform to craft high-performing web applications tailored to fulfill the unique needs of businesses and users.
How Does a Node JS Developer Benefit Your Company Strategically?
Real-time Web Application
If your goal is to build real-time web applications like video conference apps, chat apps, or gaming room applications, Node JS is the way to go. Having the right team of Node JS programmers allows you to build efficient, lightweight, and robust applications that can handle simultaneous connections and activities.
If you are not a senior Node JS developer and have just started learning it, there is no need to fret; Node JS is easy to learn. The platform is usually user-friendly and effortless to navigate, making the development process seamless for developers.
As a result, the time-to-market is shortened, giving your team a competitive edge in the increasingly competitive market.
Having a team of Node.JS programmers on board allows you to make the most use of functionalities that benefit PaaS (platform-as-a-service) providers, but it also gives developers the right tools to test concepts rapidly and deliver prototypes faster. This makes Node JS an ideal programming language for startups.
Including search engine optimization (SEO) in your web application development strategy is an effective way to increase the web’s visibility, traffic, and conversion rate. Thanks to its speed and high performance, the Node JS framework is deemed ideal for SEO.
One main benefit of using Node.js over other frameworks for web development is the effortless sharing of NPM (Node Package Manager). This feature enables developers to quickly share resources and accelerate other development tasks. This is particularly handy when working in a team where developers frequently use NPM to share resources. Additionally, NPM simplifies the management and deployment of code, allowing developers to work more efficiently.
How to Hire Node JS Programmers: Step-By-Step Guide
After building a solid foundation about Node.JS, including understanding what a Node JS developer does and how the team can benefit your company strategically, it is time to start your hiring process. To proceed smoothly during the process, it is a good idea to have other crucial documents ready, i.e., the scope of work document and budgeting file.
Every hiring process starts with a good job description.
- Outline the responsibilities, qualifications, and project demands.
- Indicate any further prerequisites, such as familiarity with well-known Node.js frameworks (like Express, Koa) or database technologies (like MongoDB, PostgreSQL).
- Mention the required skillsets, which we will dive deeper into in the following part.
Key Skills to Look for
Every job description needs to state its requirements, especially when you are sourcing for the top tech candidates. Here are the top required technical skills and soft skills of a potential Node developer.
- Understanding of asynchronous programming. With the use of asynchronous programming, an application can focus on its main or fundamental activity while simultaneously executing a second set of instructions. Asynchronous programming is a relatively new technology, so candidates should fully grasp the concept to confidently work with async/ await, promises, and callbacks to build scalable and responsive web apps.
- Have a solid knowledge of frontend technologies like HTML and CSS.
- Node JS frameworks play a crucial part in the software development process. They are essentially extended functionalities of the framework itself. So, to choose one that fits the specific needs of a project, developers need to first have a general understanding of frameworks like Express.JS, Koa.JS, or Socket.io.
- A solid grasp of API communication. Node developers need to know the differences between each kind of API function. For example, the candidate should understand the differences between REST and SOAP.
- The ideal candidate also has the ability to work with cloud platforms to manage, scale, and deploy the applications. Examples of such platforms are Azure and AWS.
- A proficient Node.js developer is capable of securely enabling authentication in your web application and encrypting critical data.
- Basic error-handling skills, e.g., syntax manipulation or troubleshooting, are a must for every web developer. Make sure your candidate knows how to handle crashes, error registers, and when to stop trying or try again.
- Another technical expertise to look for is database management. This is an especially sought-after skill for a senior software developer. Your developer should be able to manage, maintain, and even integrate multiple databases.
- Another ability that Node.js engineers should possess is writing programs that are legible, efficient, and compatible so that everything can coexist peacefully and without potential danger.
Building web applications does not rely solely on technical skills but soft skills as well.
- Problem-solving: The program doesn’t always function as planned. When a problem comes up, any developer should be able to keep calm and look for creative solutions to the problem.
- Time Management: As each developer is a link in a larger chain, time management is a desired skill to keep the team and software development process running smoothly.
- Communication: All jobs require effective communication skills. Effective communication guarantees that all parties are in agreement have a common objective and act accordingly.
Where to Find Your Candidates
Whether you are looking for Node JS developers specifically, Vue.js developers, Xamarin developers, full stack developers, or any other type of developers, here are suggestions to help you find the right talents efficiently.
- LinkedIn: It is a professional network that enables you to quickly source tech talents.
- Job Boards: Indeed, Crunchboard, Monster, or Stack Overflow are good places for you to start sourcing talents.
- Social Media: Advertising on social media groups can be very effective, but watch out for the restrictions. To blend in and remain relevant, do some research on your target group and participate in conversations.
- GitHub and GitLab: GitHub is the most popular site for hosting Git repositories. Finding Node.js developers on GitHub is simple, but check if the repo is about the back-end code.
In the USA, an expert developer makes between $50 and $90 per hour, whereas an intermediate-level developer makes between $20 and $60. The compensation is $110,000 on average each year.
In Western Europe, $30–50 per hour is the average yearly pay, ranging from $30,000 to $50,000.
The typical wage in India ranges from $9 to $29 per hour, with an annual salary of $15,000.
All in all, the salary range of Node JS developers varies depending on the country and level of expertise. Check the salary ranges worldwide and see if the numbers meet your expectations.
Other Things You Need to Pay Attention to
Be Aware of Biases
It’s common for humans to make quick judgments based on subconscious biases, which can lead to unfair hiring decisions. To overcome this trap, here are a few strategies:
- Identify the essential traits required for the role and test candidates on those specific traits.
- Create a consistent evaluation scale - ideally on a scale of one to six, for each aspect and assess the candidate based on it to ensure unbiased comparisons.
- It’s best to have multiple people assess the candidates on the same scale to avoid individual biases.
- Sum up all the scores and assign the highest grade to the candidate with the most potential to excel in the role.
By following these guidelines, you can ensure that the hiring process is fair and objective, helping you to select the best candidate for the job.
Reviewing a Node.js developer’s portfolio is a crucial part of the hiring process. By evaluating their previous work and client testimonials, you can access insights into their skills, experience, and approach to web development. This allows you to make an informed decision and hire a developer who is the right fit for your project.
Should You Outsource Node.JS Developers?
The well-known benefits of outsourcing include access to a larger pool of talent, faster project completion time, and specialized expertise for complex projects. In the long run, outsourcing Node JS developers or working with an offshore development center can be a more cost-effective move when compared to maintaining an in-house development team.
Working with remote teams, however, does raise the concern of security issues and effective communication. This is why you should be careful when choosing your partner and implement strict communication and security protocols.
Our team of knowledgeable and proficient experts at Orient Software is a reliable option if you’re searching for a Node JS team to collaborate with. In addition to affordable pricing and a dedication to providing high-quality solutions, we provide flexible engagement methods. Contact us today to learn more.
Topics: Hire Remote Developers
This is what you need to know in order to hire .NET developers in Vietnam with ease and quality. Better check this out before you start.
Looking to hire Java developers? Vietnam is where to go! Discover the advantages of hiring Java developers in Vietnam.
Fully grasping the hybrid remote meaning helps you navigate the modern working landscape in the age of digital transformation.
Hiring Vietnam app developers is much different from doing so in other countries based on distinct cultures. Discover where to find them in this article.