The Best Reasons to Use .NET
.NET has many advantages over other programming options. It facilitates more rapid software development at a lower cost, and the final product tends to be higher-performing, more scalable, more reliable, more secure, and simpler to integrate with other programs and applications.
Microsoft developed .NET as a computing platform for the next generation. It works above Windows and it’s a better choice for creating and executing software programs than the current Windows operating system. Normally, developers struggle with incompatibilities between and among operating systems, but with .NET that isn’t a problem. Developers are able to use powerful .NET tools to create “managed code”, which is destined to become the code of choice superior to anything else that exists today.
The .NET Advantages
.NET brings many advantages to the programming world. Here are a few of the key benefits.
- Because .NET executes more robust managed code and monitors that execution, it’s able to catch bugs and stop and correct them before they cause significant damage. .NET is able to prevent most of the frozen screens, corrupted memory, and leaks that are so common in Windows-based systems.
- .NET avoids the mechanisms based on COM (component-object model) that in effect let software programs get in each others way. .NET stays out of the conflict and can let multiple versions of a single application written in managed code be executed simultaneously without crashing into each other. Consequently, users don’t have to uninstall older versions of software when they want to install new versions on a trial basis.
- : The managed code that .NET is associated with is one of the best tools available for stopping breaches of security before they happen, and for identifying nefarious software that’s hiding on one’s computer. That makes .NET a good solution for security problems.
- The innovative .NET tools and standards for managed coding simplify the process of creating programs with high-connectivity (like XML Web Services). Recent trends in software development show that in the future we’ll be dependent on many interacting systems of all sizes, so it’s important that they remain robust when high connectivity is demanded. The old software development standards and tools simply weren’t up to the task, but .NET has everything that’s needed to lead us into a future of connectivity among software programs and applications.
- software development faster and speeds up the operation fo finished applications too. It also makes them easier and faster to deploy. When developers begin using .NET, they are starting off with a wide variety of pre-made components and tools that let them jump-start the software creation process. This helps them create extremely high-power and robust programs at unprecedented speeds. .NET was built to use XML and other revolutionary technologies. Its managed code is light and quick, which makes
- Every one of the aforementioned advantages associated with .NET’s managed code helps to reduce the costs of developing software during creation, deployment, installation, security management, and maintenance. People inside and outside the IT community are slowly but surely beginning to appreciate the numerous advantages of managed code and many industry experts anticipate that soon it will be the industry standard, wiping out other options once and for all, leaving them by the wayside with antiquities such as MS-DOS. .NET represents the next generation of programming and its ability to facilitate XML Web Services is just the beginning of how it will revolutionize software development.
All businesses can benefit from the reduced time and cost of software development when they switch to using .NET. The applications for mobile wireless devices will soon let employees access data anytime and anywhere, thereby pushing decision-making power down through organizational hierarchies. Business processes will increasingly be able to interact through modular applications, XML Web Services, and the use of standardized IPs, such as SOAP and XML. Remote and internal systems will begin working together more smoothly, allowing companies to create customized solutions that are run from the Web, saving them money and time. And, of course, using XML Web Services effectively lets businesses share information online with partners and customers, which has limitless potential for improving business’ productivity and profitability.
Technological Components of .NET
.NET technology is actually made up of several components, such as the following
- ASP.NET allows businesses to move data from databases to website applications, thereby building websites that can process web forms directly and efficiently.
- ADO.NET can easily extract data from databases such as Oracle, MS Access, and SQL Server 7.0/2000/2005/2008.
- VB.NET is an object-oriented release of Visual Basic, a common language used for creating software programs and applications.
- Like VB.NET, C# is an object-oriented language that is used in the creation of applications based on ASP.NET.