Fully unlock the potentials of your cloud-based infrastructure by learning from a well-crafted cloud adoption framework.
Here Is What You Need to Know About the Best React UI Frameworks
Did you know React is the second most popular web framework among developers worldwide in 2023? Or the fact that React.js is used by an estimated 8787 industry titans, with Airbnb, Uber, Netflix, Instagram, WhatsApp, BBC, Twitter, and Reddit ranking among the most influential.
The framework is so popular among developers and businesses alike because of its ease of use and development simplification. What about a UI framework for React? What is the best choice for it? What exactly are React UI frameworks? This article presents the answer to your questions while also aiming to provide you with a concise guide to choosing one that fits your business needs.
Refresher: What Is React UI Framework?
As always, we need to understand the basics before fully diving into the world of the best React UI frameworks.
A Brief Look at React’s History
In 2011, Facebook faced a challenge as it wanted to provide its massive user base with a more dynamic and responsive interface. That’s when Jordan Walke, a software engineer at Facebook, created React to offer a more organized and structured method of creating dynamic and interactive user interfaces. React streamlined the development process by allowing React developers to create dynamic, interactive user interfaces using reusable components. React allows you to build applications out of those independent Lego-like reusable components.
React was first deployed in Facebook’s Newsfeed in 2011. In 2013, it was made publicly available at JSConf US.
What Are React UI Frameworks?
What exactly is a React UI framework?
React UI components library gives developers a great deal of flexibility while streamlining the UI development process. React UI frameworks frequently offer design standards and a consistent look and feel to assist developers in creating UIs with a pleasing visual aesthetic.
What Sets React UI Frameworks Apart?
React framework undoubtedly provides users with unique advantages seeing that it is favored by many industry titans. After all, it is also the second-most framework in 2023.
- Ease of Use: The component-based nature of UI makes it easy to break down the complex user interface into smaller, reusable components. As a result, developers save time and reduce errors while building and maintaining them. Moreover, the integrated components (e.g., text fields, buttons) give amateur developers the time and space to learn the essential elements rather than having to build them from the ground up. Their attention can be shifted to customization or user experience (UX).
- Strong Community Support: The React community is large and active. Developers can easily find tutorials, documentation, and open-source libraries to learn more about the framework. You might also find other React developers who are willing to collaborate with you on a project.
- Top-notch Components: React component library provides its users with well-crafted components, so you can set the worries about bugs aside. In addition to being of great quality, the components make it simple to design a seamless and understandable user experience. The designs are consistent and provide a pleasing aesthetic feel.
- Speedy Development Process: The developers are given the tools to speed up the development process, concentrating on the app’s functionality with strong community assistance and appealing component libraries and design elements.
- Cross-platform Compatibility: In some circumstances, typically involving the use of a recently introduced CSS property or browser function, creating CSS that is cross-browser compatible might be challenging. This is where React UI frameworks tap into rescue. They are built to function flawlessly across all contemporary browsers and devices, ensuring that your application runs smoothly for all users.
Best React UI Frameworks
There are countless UI kits and React UI libraries to make your developer’s life much easier. No need to spend hours and hours in front of the screen working on appealing interfaces. There are React UI frameworks that take off that burden for you and even cater to your unique needs.
GitHub Stars: 21.9k
The most popular frontend framework for React, Bootstrap, is completely rebuilt by React Bootstrap. Additionally, this has the benefit of eliminating the need for jQuery reliance. Although React Bootstrap is one of the oldest frameworks, it has grown and matured as a crucial React UI component library.
React Bootstrap CSS compatibility is one of the most important features of the framework. It is compatible with the Bootstrap core and the largest UI ecosystem in the world. The framework is compatible with hundreds of Bootstrap themes that are used by developers all over the world.
Developers who work on various facets of the application will benefit greatly from this framework. You are able to create projects in the background and then prototype them in the front.
Due to the actions and reducers that mimic a front-end environment, this framework has the disadvantage that developers will need to adapt their codes to the UI documentation. The UI design might not be appealing to backend developers.
When should you use React Bootstrap?
- When you need to meet the Bootstrap customization demands.
- There are CSS support requirements.
- There are SAAS and NPM requirements.
GitHub Stars: 88.2k
MUI, formerly known as Material UI and based on Google’s Material Design, is another React UI component library.
It enables the construction of stunning interfaces. Material UI also offers:
- Tools for navigation
- Customizable APIs
- React components that support native web app creation
- Automated color changes and compatibility across CSS-based modules and style components.
- Interoperability between style components
It is also a preferred UI framework for many developers. After all, MUI holds a sizable and active community of front-end developers. MUI also has documentation to help clear out any confusion.
When should you use Material UI?
- You must have responsive components.
- Advanced themes are necessary.
- There is a current demand for customization.
Semantic UI React
GitHub Stars: 13.1k
Semantic UI React is the integration of the well-liked frontend framework Semantic UI for React.
It is non-jQuery method independent and does not have a virtual DOM. The framework integrates well with React to create a custom UI component library of user interface components, making front-end development easy. There are over 50 important components with different styles and varieties. There are many other helpful features like augmentation, shorthand props, auto-managed state, etc. You can use the auto-controlled state to get the most out of your components. It’s also great for CSS-style sheet design.
When should you use Semantic UI React?
- The project requires a variety of CSS variables.
- There is an involvement of a wide range of UI elements.
- You are laser-focused on user experience.
- There is a need for cross-browser compatibility.
GitHub Stars: 50.8k
The next React UI library we would like to talk about is React Router.
As the name suggests, this would be a viable choice if you are looking for a router UI used with another interface. Some of its notable features include:
- The ability to split codes enables developers to only load essential components in a route, resulting in a decreased initial application loading time and enhanced efficiency.
- Since an application typically consists of four layers with various hierarchies, it dramatically reduces the time to create routes on your end.
- Synchronizing the application components with their URLs for a smooth user experience. React Router also changes the layouts along with the URLs, resulting in fewer routes created in the end.
- It automatically chooses the routes that fit your application by evaluating multiple options, ranking them, and rendering the most suitable route.
Even then, it is worth noting that there are smaller alternatives available in the market, so do consider your requirements in a project.
When to use React Router:
- When you are creating one-page apps.
- You are in need of a flexible API.
- You wish to speed up initial loading.
- You want to build a navigation structure with levels of hierarchy.
GitHub Stars: 8.2k
The next one on our React UI component libraries list is Grommet. It is the perfect framework of choice if you are looking to design a user interface using a responsive and intuitive React framework.
Created by HPE, Grommet is a React-based CSS framework with component packages for fluid and easy-to-use mobile web pages.
Grommet has a dynamic and lively layout, great accessibility, attractive themes, modularity, and simplicity. You can use Grommet to create new projects with advanced themes or integrate them into existing projects.
Your UI development process as a whole will be upgraded with dynamic layouts, appealing themes, great accessibility, modularity, and simplicity.
When is the Grommet framework appropriate for your business?
- The desire for modular structure.
- Responsive components and a strong theming system.
- User-centric design system.
GitHub Stars: 20k
Blueprint UI is a React-based UI toolkit for developing desktop applications and data-intensive online applications. Blueprint UI’s CSS library consists of 30 built-in components with scripting and coding capabilities.
The CSS library of different components and minimal coding options makes the UI toolkit ideal for designing complex user interfaces. The user-friendly multi-touch interface improves the user experience and usability.
The core components of the React framework consist of distinct components for tables, icons, selection, and so on. When it comes to Blueprint UI’s dark and light theme modes, you can work with components like color scheme and typography.
When should you use Blueprint UI?
- You want to focus on the reusability of components.
- You have detailed documentation.
- There is a demand for compatibility across browsers.
- There is a focus on the delivery of user experience.
GitHub Stars: 34.1k
You wouldn’t need to spend as much time when working on codes with this React component library. Chakra UI’s accelerated development is allowed by the flexibility, modularity, and accessibility of UI components. Additionally, those components adhere to the WAI-ARIA standards. The custom React components are reusable, which in turn, speeds up the process.
The design of a front end with lots of visuals is made possible by the variety of themes, components, and dark and light UI options. The web app is now more accessible to users with impairments thanks to its support for dark and bright modes.
When is Chakra UI the framework you are looking for?
- You are looking for components’ reusability.
- You have concerns that can be solved with the help of an active community.
- Fast development processes.
- Components reusability
There are, of course, a lot more available React UI components libraries available on the market. This article merely lists a few standouts. To select the ideal framework for your team, keep in mind to thoroughly outline your requirements prior to the start of any project.
You must first prepare a team, of course, before selecting any framework. If you don’t already have one and find the recruiting, training, and maintenance process of an IT team scary, let the dedicated software team at Orient Software handle your software requirements.
You are in excellent hands because our team has experience and is dedicated to providing the highest quality. Contact us today to jump-start your projects.
There are many software development frameworks that can be used to build applications. This article lists the top 51 such frameworks.
This is a comprehensive list of the 11 most popular Java frameworks that you can use to create your next web application.
Every language has its own pros and cons. This article will guide you to the right fintech programming languages for your next projects.
Discover the benefits of a code of ethics in outsourcing. Building trust and delivering excellence for successful partnerships.